December Market Conditions: Hilo, Hawaii December 22, 2009Posted by Kelly in : Market Conditions , trackback
Market Conditions for: Hilo in Hawaii (Big Island)
Reported by Kelly H Moran, CCIM, CIPS, REALTOR
Updated December 22, 2009
Here are the MLS statistics on the greater Hilo area (tax map key 3-2 to 3-2-6 that are fee simple) from September 19, 2009 to December 19, 2009:
* There are 157 homes listed for sale, with a list price range from $125,000 to $1,250,000
* The median list price of homes is $349,000
* There are 25 homes in escrow, with a list price range from $50,000 to $458,000
* There have been 44 homes sold, with a sold price range from $159,000 to $915,000
* The median sold price was $296,250
* The median days on market to sell was 60 days. Selling price to Listing price percentage was a median of 97.1%
ZIP Codes: 96720, 96721
Location Characteristics: Hilo is the second largest city in Hawaii and is located on the windward (eastern) side of the Big Island. Nearly all of the important educational and financial institutions are located in Hilo. The University of Hawaii at Hilo was ranked one of the top twenty small universities in the nation and has a very diverse, international student body. Visitors and residents find Hilo to be a “local” town with warm and friendly people. While tourism is very important to the east Hawaii economy, it does not dominate, as in Kona. Cruise ships regularly dock at the Hilo Harbor and Hilo Bayfront frequently has canoe paddling regattas with statewide participation. The world renown “Merrie Monarch Hula Festival” is held in Hilo every Arpil and draws contestants from all over the world. Hilo is a very diverse community that is low key and very modest.
About Kelly H. Moran:
My Client-First Philosophy:
There are many qualities and skills that go into being an excellent real estate professional – integrity, in-depth community and market knowledge, marketing savvy, effective negotiation skills and a high-quality professional network, all of which are hallmarks of how I work.
That said, in my experience as a Hilo real estate professional, I’ve also found that providing the very best service is essentially about putting my clients first. This means keeping myself accessible, being a good listener as well as a good communicator, and responding quickly to your needs.
This “client first” philosophy has always been my approach and it requires me to continually improve my skills and ways of doing business. In addition, I’ve found that the latest technologies are enabling me to do everything I’ve always done, only much more quickly and efficiently. They’ve also helped me to extend the range of services I provide to my clients.
So when you decide that you’d like to buy or sell a home in the Hilo areas, please contact me.
A Little About Kelly:
- Kelly created Hilo Brokers, Ltd. in 1992.
- He has lived in Hawaii for 30 years and sold real estate here for over 20 years.
- Kelly is a graduate of the University of Hawaii at Hilo (UHH) with degrees in Tropical Agriculture and Political Science.
- Currently Kelly is teaching Real Estate Finance at UH-Hilo.
- His areas of expertise in real estate include: commercial real estate sales, agricultural properties, real estate investments & development, as well as residential and vacant land sales.
Kelly was one of the first REALTORS to incorporate the Internet as a real estate sales tool. He saw the potential of reaching people world wide, and is currently developing an international division within Hilo Brokers, Ltd.
He is a dedicated tennis enthusiast and community volunteer who shares his time between the towns of Hilo and Kamuela, where his young sons attend school.